Best Halloween Candy
BUILD A CHEESE BOX
BUILD A GIFT BASKET
Christmas Gift Ideas
Grade B Maple Syrup
Maple Sugar Candy
Bulk Maple Candy
CHAMP Maple Candy
Hard Maple Candy
Maple Candy Gift Boxes
Pure Maple Candy
Maple Wedding Favors
More Maple Products
Vermont Cheese Gifts
Vermont Gift Baskets
Vermont Maple Syrup
Wooden Salad Bowls
Cherry Wood Bowls
Smoke and Cure Meats
Gift Baskets by Kim
Maple City Candy
Maple Landmark, Inc.
Robb Farm Sugarhouse
Vermont Bowl Co.
View TOP 10 items
CD Racks & Stands
Home & Office
In the Kitchen
Wooden Cutting Boards
Cherry Wood Bowls
PIECES OF VERMONT
Owned & operated by
RES eCom, Inc.
PO Box 578
Jacksonville, VT 05342
About Us Contact Us
Shop by Merchant
Vermont's best Wooden Bowls!
Nobody can compete with the Vermont Bowl Company and John McLeod Ltd. when it comes to wooden salad bowls. There
are simply some things that people do well, and woodturning has been John McLeod's expertise since 1967. Semi-retired now,
John has an experienced team of woodcrafters making his bowl designs to exacting standards. The bowls
shown here are of the highest quality and with proper care will last for generations. Don't be surprised if
one of these salad bowls becomes your next family heifloom.
Select a salad bowl style...
Bowl Sizes Information
- We make three sizes of wooden bowls. The relationship in size can be seen in the picture alongside.
- We refer to them as "Large", "Medium" and "Small" with matching "Individual" soup or salad bowls available where indicated.
- We start off with turning blanks of 15", 12" and 10" in diameter.
- While the finished diameters vary slightly with the nature of the designs net average external diameters are 14-1/2"... 11-1/2" and 9-1/2".
- The average height of all the bowl sizes is just over 5"
- The individual soup or salad bowls are sized at 6-1/2" diameter with a height of 2-3/4"
- While the size of a portion of salad is a very subjective thing, with experience, we are confident in the small bowl serving 4 to 6 people,
the medium 6 to 8 people and the large 8 to 12 people. If you're looking for larger serving bowls, here they are!
- Remember, these wooden bowls are not dish-shaped they have the full capacity of their diameter.
For the further curious here are the average volumes...
- Large Bowl: 10 Quarts
- Medium Bowl: 6 Quarts
- Small Bowl: 4 Quarts
- Individual Bowl: 1 Pint
Information You Need
- All bowl sizes are given as a guide. Since each bowl is individually crafted slight variations in dimensions can occur.
- No sustainability or regeneration problems arise from the harvesting of these species from natural and managed forest sources.
- The tough, specially applied and hand rubbed finish, is a proprietary formulation developed over a number of years.
- The only care required from the consumer is the gentle washing of the bowl in warm soapy water and towelling it dry.
- Under no circumstances should this or any fine woodenware ever be put in a dishwasher.
- Each bowl carries a label with these simple care instructions.
- We know that the life of a bowl treated properly is greater than 40 years!!
- Each bowl is individually packaged and boxed to allow us to send any size of order via UPS.
- To minimize shipping costs boxes are grouped together whenever possible.
***All boards are made in Vermont at the John McLeod Ltd. factory in Wilmington, Vermont and sold in the factory store,
as well as through the Vermont Bowl Company and here online. Many of these
hardwood cutting boards are available in both Yellow Birch and Black Walnut woods.
Cutting board care suggestions...
Keep your cutting boards clean by washing with hot soapy water after each use. Then rinse and air dry or pat dry
with towels. Always discard excessively worn cutting boards that may trap bacteria. You can also sanitize your kitchen cutting board
with a vinegar solution consisting of a 1-to-5 dilution of vinegar. Flood the surface with a
sanitizing solution and allow it to stand for several minutes, then rinse and air dry or pat dry with
towels. It is also NOT necessary to "further treat" John McLeod wooden cutting boards with
additional oils. All boards are treated with a proprietary food safe oil at the factory.
Cherry Wooden Bowls
Though the thumbnail images shown here are for the most part that of wooden salad bowls available in Yellow Birch and Black Walnut,
many of the same bowls, such as the popular American Bowl,
are now available in Cherry Wood as well.
Not all wooden salad bowls are the same, just like not all salad recipes are the same. A great salad bowl enhances the
eating experience like a delicious salad dressing complements the perfect mixture of greens, fruits, and veggies. Don't settle for second best,
order a John McLeod salad bowl.
Wooden Bowl Stand
Vermont Bowl Company woodenware items aren't just for use, they're also for display. It only makes sense. After all, you put fine china
in a display case, why not put your wooden salad bowls on a bowl stand? Learn more...
This wooden salad bowl will certainly draw attention as a table centerpiece. You can't mistake its' unique beehive shape. Also a
wonderful salad bowl for summer picnics. Learn more...
Polka Dot Bowls
As Donna, the Retail Manager for the Vermont Bowl Company, said when she saw the
Polka Dot Bowls
for the first time, "We make salads fun!" No question about it, dining should be fun, and this bowl is sure to bring a smile
to everyones' face when the salad arrives at the table. Learn more...